Monday, November 29, 2010

Homegrown and Gooooood :D

I should probably quit surfing the net altogether because every time I see something pretty or something that makes me go 'OOOH' I start to covet and obsess over it. Gah, it's driving me nuts!

My latest obsessions:

Ombre Tulle Skirt from Inventory Store (sold out)


Nude Caped Cover-up from White Circus (also sold out)


Maxi Pleated Nude Skirt/Tube dress from Faire Belle


Reina Surplice Dress (Pink) from Robot Ninjas


Silky Long Sleeve Shirt (Grey) from Robot Ninjas


Drop Back Shirt Dress from Robot Ninjas


Mandarin Collar Tunic (Beige) also from Robot Ninjas


That awesome chiffon-mix-jersey skirt 
from Diana Rikasari for Bloop Endorse,
available at Bloop Endorse



Ruffle dress from DR for Bloop Endorse,
available at Bloop Endorse


So I guess it's been made pretty clear that I am absolutely head over heels in love with drapes, soft-and-flowy and nude, earthy colours (except for the odd grey and pink - tell me you can resist that peterpan collar! I dare you! XP). Believe me when I say that despite running into these colours all the time online, they are friggin' hard to hunt down in malls! Everything is either white, black, grey or pink. And if you're hunting them down online most are sold out by the time you get there! This must be a trend that I am unaware of. =P

Anyhow, I'd like to give a big shoutout to Diana Rikasari for her awesome designs for Bloop Endorse and also to Robot Ninjas for having an earth-shatteringly cool name and for their awesome understated chic designs as well - and both for being homegrown! (well okay Bloop Endorse is from Indonesia and Robot Ninjas are from Singapore - but what the heck! :P) Also special mention to Inventory Store - though thanks to their delay in checking their inbox I did not succeed in obtaining the gorgeous Ombre Tulle Skirt. So yeah, thanks, thanks A LOT.

Any of you guys who know of any local independent designers putting out good stuff - let me know! Goodness knows we need more of them around! :D

Now for moar good stuff: imagine wearing one of those with something tan or camel, a straw boater hat and a pair of nude or apricot-hued mary janes or oxfords, and lie on a bed of soft brilliant green grass by a lake to this song: 

1 comment:

  1. hah.nanti mai la kalau boring2.boleh lepak sekali.sembang2 :D

    ReplyDelete