Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catch of the Day!

Hullo all! So I have braved through some pretty nerve-wrecking quizzes in college, and with two more coming my way (plus an assignment, eeeps!) I will make this a quick post. :)

I never really realized the difference between thrifting and vintage-shopping until recently. Now whenever I see items going for unusually cheap, my fingers start itching for my purse...

Looks can be deceiving. Really deceiving. Especially the looks of a building. Any of you who are familiar with the Taman Connaught area will know of an always-vacant, near-decaying shopping complex called CMC Centre (or something like that). It's good only for Giant. The lower level where all the standalone shops are are languishing. No one ever goes there to even window-shop.

But I did. And whaddaya know, I found a bunch of stuff going for cheap. There were discounts and special prices everywhere I looked.

This was my expression: D:

However, after some initial enthusiastic browsing and speaking to shop owners, I discovered that many of the clothes on sale are cheaply-produced Korean-made clothes. Not that I didn't mind them; many were really pretty, but to be honest, Korean clothing never appealed to my aesthetic sense... some of them can be constructed in really haphazard ways and some could just feel downright tacky and you can tell they mash some styles together just to appeal to trendseekers, and as a result, the piece ends up looking pretty fugly.

So I came away from all those discounts unscathed.

But not for long.

Now (again in the same area) little boutiques had recently mushroomed near the eatery I frequent, and this has made walking to and fro a little more bearable as I could ogle (or discreetly gape) at whatever extra nice item they displayed in the window. Just as I was on my way back from all those haphazard bargain bins, my eye caught an innocent little sign: 'BARGAIN BIN. ALL RM5 - RM10'.

I went in right away, and after much tugging and pulling while trying to not look awkward (I was the only customer in there at that time...), I came away with these:

Baby blue peterpan collar tee. My fave~

Cropped chiffon cardigan

Each cost me RM10. I say that is a pretty good buy... :P

And guess what? Both are Korean-made. XP 


P.S. Sorry for the dark pictures... gotta change my ISO settings next time... ><'''''''''''''

No comments:

Post a Comment