Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Help! I'm An Emo DIVA

To Write Love On Her Arms may disagree with me, but I think that real emos don't go about on Facebook proclaiming to the world that they're emo, complete with CAPS LOCK and tons of '~ ~ ~'. NEWSFLASH: You're not emo, you're SPOILED.

Real emos keep their thoughts to themselves and have internal (often painful) debates with themselves. I have emo friends, and I have been emo (still am emo sometimes) myself, so I know this. The happy shiny people who shout 'Oh noes I'm EMOESS' on Facebook haven't the slightest idea what emo is.

Emo isn't mourning your incapability of finishing a project or missing out on a sale. Emo can evolve to a real life-and-death situation, where you can be driven to think that your very existence is worthless, that you're not wanted and people don't give shit about you and the world will be a much better place without you. These people (as I have, well yeah, so I'm pretty self-centered) more often than not suffer in silence.

So please, you happy shiny bunch of spoiled bratty DIVAS, stop proclaiming your nonexistent emo to the world.

Feel free to virtual punch, kick, slap me in the face. Thanks very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment