Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Want to Dress Like...


I'm madly head over heels in love with this style of dressing at the moment: a hat (fedora or bowler's preferably), a sharp blazer (this ultra cool lady rocked a pea coat), a white or light blue silk blouse underneath, high-waisted cropped or rolled-up pants in black or navy blue, and a pair of leather oxfords or brogues with black or cream ankle socks. Oh, and a pair of suspenders too for good measure:

 
From Zara


Perhaps spice the outfit up with this Pull and Bear scarf:

And pair it up with a leather satchel or a man's black leather briefcase.

But since the weather here is always hot and humid, I assume the scarf is out of the question... same goes to the idea of a pea coat too. As for blazers, they gotta be light and sharply fitted or else I'll be a baked potato the moment I get home. My aim is to scour for a vintage ones that fit; the ones sold in stores are kinda expensive... :(

Colour palette: either navy blue, pitch dark black, or camel. Boy I love the colour camel this season; in fact all hues of brown too: leather, tan brown, earthy brown, and then there's khaki, cream, beige and, of course, camel... :D

And here's one of my musical inspirations for this post...





The suit probably got inspired by Florence's adorable tuxedo, while the earthy hues of the forest called the scarf to mind. The quest for THE blazer begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment