Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Sacrifice



I'm a Left 4 Dead fan, have been one ever since I laughed my ass off to Shaun of the Dead (which was aweeesome). Since then I've been pretty much hooked onto anything zombie-related, and am planning to sit down and watch the 28 Days Later series of movies and George A. Romero's zombie stuff after mah exams. >8-D Or whenever it is I become free. ='( I barely have enough time to wade through my monstrous library of unwatched movies as it is.

Anyhoo, moving on... just wanna brag that I've played the latest DLC, The Sacrifice, which features a new style of finale for those of yous who are familiar with the game... this time, you guessed it, one of the original L4D survivors have to sacrifice themselves for their teammates.

I played it on Normal level (yeah, I'm a pretty sucky L4D player even if I love the game to bits... I haven't figured out how that works either), with 3 bots, and I SURVIVED in one go! Wheee- oh wait, since I was the one to sacrifice myself, then technically... I didn't survive. *bummer bummity bump*

On the plus side, the campaign was pretty fun, but loads of repetitive buildings and structures. I nearly got lost in Map 2. Map 3, the finale, was a near carbon-copy of The Passing finale map, but it makes sense canonically since later they will meet up with the L4D2 survivors at the same area. Like the total <strike>nerd</strike> <strike>geek</strike> no-life that I am, I read up the Left 4 Dead Wikia and discovered that you can see the sailboat moored in different places near the bridge in The Sacrifice map and in The Passing map. I definitely have to go back and check it out another time.

Oh and if you ask me why I have time to play L4D and not watch a movie... I finished the campaign in 33 minutes. =]

If you're wondering why the posts have switched from being about clothes to being about emo-ness and games... no, I have no idea why either. I guess I'm just weird that way. u__u

Here's The Sacrifice trailer for your viewing pleasure. ;)


 I still get the heebie-jeebies at the Bill-and-fiery-background shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment