Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thrifting Adventure #2

Good times and good finds, two days in a row! :D The pretty vendor in Amcorp Mall is officially my favourite place to shop for pretty dresses that are value for money. RM10 for 2 dresses is a hell of a steal. Taking advantage of such a bargain, I came away with these:

A striped dress in the pattern and colours that I've been looking for forever!

And a dress in that mustard yellow that I can't resist!

The next day was a trip to the local supermarket, Carrefour (in Wangsa Maju). It was supposed to be an innocent trip but whaddayaknow, a thrift stall had been set up there in my absence, and loads of thriftworthy and vintage goodies are up for grabs at bargain prices, namely RM20 - RM35 for dresses and RM10 - RM15 for blouses. Despite my resolution to not buy anymore items of clothing, I eventually ended up with these three:

It's a wee bit long,  but its classic vibe won me over immediately. Plus, what's not to love about vertical monochrome stripes?

I call this the Champs Elysees dress (yes, I am that obnoxious). It's not obvious here, but there are two buttons at the neckline, and the white layer is actually more off-white-ish with cream tinges. I love it. Sigh.

And finally, my object of desire for quite a while now... a jumper! With pockets! And in plaid!

Today, I also stumbled across a few amazing artistes. One of these is Marques Toliver, a supremely talented singer and violinist. This song, 'Charter Magic', is quite simply magical. I'm still looking for the mp3 file... any of you guys can help link me to one? Thanks! :D



Have a great weekend y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment